Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
AFP / Yuzuru Sunada
German cyclist Marcel Kittel (Giant-Shimano) secured his first victory this season after winning on Thursday the second stage of the Dubai Tour 2014. The 122-kilometer (76-mile) race started from the Dubai World Trade Centre, with 127 cyclists from 16 teams spanning around desert highways before concluding at the tip of the man-made Palm Island. American Taylor Phinney won the inaugural stage on Wednesday and maintained his lead in the general classification.
Dubai Tour Stage 2
1. Marcel Kittel (Ger/Giant-Shimano) 2:50:30
2. Peter Sagan (Svk/Cannondale @ s.t.
3. Taylor Phinney (USA/BMC)
4. Juan Jose Lobato Del Valle (Spa/Movistar)
5. Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita/Trek)
6. Roberto Ferrari (Ita/Lampre-Merida)
7. Nikolay Trusov (Rus/Tinkoff-Saxo)
8. Lucas Sebastian Haedo (Arg/Skydive Dubai)
9. Jacopo Guarnieri (Ita/Astana)
10. Raymond Kreder (Ned/Garmin Sharp)
General Classification After Stage 2
1. Taylor Phinney (USA/BMC 3:02:32
2. Steven Cummings (GBr/BMC) @ :15
3. Lasse Norman Hansen (Den/Garmin Sharp) @ :17
4. Tony Martin (Ger/Omega Pharma – Quick-Step Cycling) @ :23
5. Fabian Cancellara (Swi/Trek) @ :26
6. Peter Sagan (Svk/Cannondale) @ :30
7. Adriano Malori (Ita/Movistar) @ :33
8. Maciej Bodnar (Pol/Cannondale) @ :36
9. Alexandr Porsev (Rus/ Katusha) @ s.t.
10. Marcel Kittel (Ger/ Giant-Shimano)