Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Jan 18, 2015- The first stage of the 2016 Tour de San Luis kicked off the season for many pro’s this year, what a stage to begin with too, a scorching team time trial with that forced riders to use their road bikes with clip on aero extensions. Finishing first was Etixx-Quickstep with a time of 23:53 and their rider Maximiliano Richeze, who will wear the race leaders jersey tomorrow. Our photographer James Startt is at the Tour de San Luis this week and covered the blistering stage today. Enjoy!
Results stage 1:
1. Etixx – Quick-Step 0:23:53
2. Movistar Team 0:00:08
3. Astana 0:00:18
4. Tinkoff Team 0:00:24
5. UnitedHealthcare Professional Cycling Team 0:00:54
6. AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:56
7. Delko Marseille Provence KTM 0:00:58
8. Androni Giocattoli – Sidermec 0:00:59
10. Drapac Professional Cycling 0:01:00